Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trying To Stay Busy


This week has gone by so fast. I guess it is good to be busy because then I don't have so much time to get all worked up about what is scary in the future. I remember when I was pregnant I would look around at all the people in the world and in my mind would think, "childbirth can't be that bad or women wouldn't keep having children." Then when I went in to labor and delivered my first child I thought, "that was horrible, I don't think I ever want to go through that again." Now I find myself watching everyone who is limping around and searching out those who have been through hip and knee replacements trying to get the hope that I can get through this trial. I keep telling myself, "I can do HARD things." The problem is I don't like things that are hard. I like the easy life, no stress, no anxiety, just peace and calm with no pain. It's been a long time.

Friday night we got together for Dally Dogs birthday. It's always fun to get the grandchildren together. We went to Barros Pizza and had pizza and cake. It was fun to see Jenn and the girls. Baby Max is getting so big and doing well. Jenn is lucky to have a happy content nursing baby.

Yesterday I had a baby shower to attend and then a ward party. They had a fun evening planned at a city pool. As we were getting ready to leave a huge storm blew through. We got a call that they had cancelled it, but a few minutes later another call saying that the storm had blown over and the lightning had stopped. So off we went to the party. As we left the sky was beautiful with huge white and dark clouds with this huge rainbow out to the east. I tried to take a picture so I will see how it turned out.

Spencer called as I was leaving for the party. He was heading to the hotel where the team stays before their game tonight. This will be the first game that he will get to play in. The first one he missed because of the birth of baby Abney, the second because they were in the hospital with her very sick. We continue to pray for her recovery. At first they said she would be in fourteen days but now it is twenty eight days. I have never had to experience having a baby in the NICU but I have been told it is terrible. I do know that sitting in the hospital is so tiring it's worse than doing housework all day. I wish I was able to be in Colorado to help Annie, it's a helpless feeling no being there with them. Annie did send me a cute picture of her on my phone. That will have to do for now.


No comments: