Saturday, August 21, 2010

Difficulties of Life

These last few weeks have been really hard for me. The physical stress of being crippled plus the mental stress of being stressed out and worried have really taken a toll. I decided that I needed to be vigilant about reading my scriptures and saying my prayers. I even printed out some good talks about adversity to help me cope with my fears and anxieties. In one of my readings I found this little bit of information. It said, "Each person's success and happiness, both now and in the eternities, depend largely on his or her responses to the difficulties of life." Wow! Yesterday I got a call from Spencer telling me that their new little baby was sick. She was having some difficulties so they were told to take her to the hospital. They ran some tests and found that she has a serious bacterial infection. This isn't what we wanted to hear, but there again we have had very bad news before. In the night I didn't sleep well, I never do when Rich is out of town. At 3:00 a.m. my room seemed so hot. I got up and looked and there is something wrong with the unit that cools my bedroom and family room. I turned on two fans and tried to get back to sleep. I never did and my phone rang at 7:15 a.m. with my friend asking if I wanted to go swimming. After telling her about my night we decided that we would pass on the early morning swim class. I went out to feed the animals and my pump on my pond was off. This is the second night in a row that this has happened. I had Tristyn and Trace out helping me and they saw some floating fish that had died because of lack of oxygen. So there again we are "thinning the herd." I keep asking myself "why does life have to be so hard? Why do I have to suffer this now? When am I going to get a break?" These questions are all counter productive. I should be asking, "What am I to do? What am I to learn from this experience? What am I to change? Whom am I to help? How can I remember my many blessing in times of trial?" I guess I continue to see the glass almost empty instead of the very full glass I have been given. Hopefully the many prayers that are being said for this little baby will be heard by our Heavenly Father and she will be healed. I know he loves his children and I hope that includes me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love your post, you are doing good, just keep it up.

The McNeil Family said...

We will be praying for spencer's little girl. Hope all get better for u soon