Thursday, September 22, 2016

Cooler Temps and a Pregnant Pig?

After a couple of trips to the chiropractor I'm starting to feel a little better. My hand is still going numb in the night which might make me need to have surgery, but for now I'm doing what I can to keep the pain away. I also got the results of my blood work and I've brought my sugar down quite a bit, so I'm thankful for that. Mindi and Dave left this morning to go visit Tristyn at BYU and watch a game tonight. I wish I could have gone but one of us needs to be here to take care of the critters and the other kids they left behind. Tristyn has been a little bit homesick and missing her family so they took the two youngest, hopefully they will have a good trip. Last week we went down to the neighbors to check on Trulie. They had just gotten a turkey and a pot bellied pig. I used to have a couple of pigs and would never do that again but this one was really tame and gentle with the kids. It was so fat that I asked the little girl if her pig was pregnant. She turned around and was indignant when she said. "it's a boy." Oops, I blew that one. It's nice that the weather has finally gotten below a hundred degrees. This is the time of year I always think of my Dad. He would always grow a garden in the mountains and go harvest the corn and bring down the pumpkins for the kids for Halloween. He would also bring the corn shucks for me to decorate for the holidays. I know Mom misses him too but is hanging in there and being strong like I knew she would.




No comments: