Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Temple Sealing and Charleston's

Last night Rich and I attended a sealing in the new Gilbert Temple. It was the first time we have been in it since the open house and it is so pretty. The groom was one of Rich's young men and he home teaches their family. It was fun to be in a room full of friends and ward members. As I sat there waiting for the couple to come in, I kept looking at the chandelier. I tried counting all the little crystals but there was no way I was ever going to be able to do that. I felt nothing but peace and love. When the sealer started talking, it was so good to be reminded of the blessings of the Temple. After the sealing we got to look around a little bit at the art work. The paintings are beautiful and reminds me of why I love the desert so much. We rode with my brother Len and his wife Julie so we decided to go to dinner at Charleston's. I had the salad and baked potato soup that comes with a yummy croissant. Wow, my pants feel tighter already. Earlier in the day I had asked my brother to make sure Rich's affairs are in order, so he brought over our Wills to sign before he leaves. When I woke up at three o'clock this morning I couldn't go back to sleep. Something in the Will just wasn't right, so I called and got the changes made this morning. I have found in my life that those things that I truly worry about never happen, it's the blindsides that kill you. So, Rich will be off in two days for his trip to save the Ethiopians for a week. I hope he will get out of it what he hopes to. I don't sleep very well when I'm alone in the bed, so maybe I'll have to get one of the dogs to take his place, he'll never know anyway right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll come over and sleep with you--I never sleep anyway--lets have a girls night at your house, sounds like fun--we could watch movies--eat treats--and talk about how to get the big O out of office--you know you and I could change the world right?

I am going to come see you when Big Dog is gone