Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial Day, Stomach Flu, Stolen Pots

Rich left for Italy on Saturday morning early. I had big plans for the ten days he's going to be gone. I was going to clean, organize, shop, quilt and relax.  Sunday night we met extended family at the Mesa Cemetery and did our yearly decorating of graves. The last two years I've sat and visited with Dad as he was too crippled to walk. This year he was gone, so off I went with the other fifty plus family members. We took some pictures at his grave and put flowers on his and Kamber's.  On Monday we all got together for a barbecue and water party. Candi cut hair because she is having surgery next week and we don't know when she will feel well enough to go back to work. By Monday night I was so sick I thought I would die. All of Mindi's family have had the stomach flu and I guess somehow they passed it on to me. After spending all day yesterday in bed with nothing to eat, it is good to be feeling better today. My thoughts went back to my Dad while I suffered all night long with the chills and stomach issues, I'll save all the details for my close family. Dad must have suffered terribly while having chemotherapy and I'm so proud of him for doing what he could to prolog his life. It's hard with him gone, my Mom is really lonely, but I am so glad he's out of pain and suffering. I've done pretty good with Rich being gone. There was a time when I had such severe anxiety I would be awake all night scared when he was gone. Early Monday morning I heard something outside my house but I didn't dare go see what it was. When I woke up and let the dogs out, I saw that someone had stolen my two pots of flowers off my front porch. Really???? Someone came on to my property and took the purple flowers Rich planted for me in memory of sweet Kamber. At first I thought it might be a joke and some kids maybe moved them, but now I realize they are gone. My neighbor across the street is a retired cop and I had hoped he had some film but he didn't. He did tell me to call the police and make a report so I did. I felt pretty stupid telling them it was two pots of flowers but maybe they will up the patrols in our neighborhood. I hope Rich is having fun in Italy. He said they walked eleven miles and rode bikes another seven the first day. That sounds horrible, I'm glad to be in the good old USA, no traveling abroad for this old grandma, I'd rather be home any day.


No comments: