Monday, June 1, 2015

The Pirates Are Circling

I had high hopes of getting some big projects done while Rich is touring Italy. He will be home in two days so I'm frantically working hard to accomplish something. On Saturday I got a call from Ethan asking if I could come help them. Jenn was under the boat with the pirates closing in on her, so I went out to try and help. My job was to keep the twins alive and fold laundry while the others worked moving rooms around and trying to get some sense of organization in their house. I don't know how she does it with seven children. She has twice as many as me and I know the pirates were circling and dragging me down for many years. I changed diapers, fed babies and helped with laundry and I was pooped when they finally let me come home. There is wisdom in having children when you are young. Last week I spent two days in bed with the stomach flu and yesterday I had a headache from hell that I couldn't shake. At times it felt like my eye was going to explode, something I haven't experienced for a long time. The weather is finally getting hot so my pool is warming up. I am excited to start trying to exercise my hip and knee and hopefully get some mobility back, but sometimes I feel that's a lost cause. Today is Candi's birthday, so later today we may do something with her.  My kids are sure getting old and so are my grandchildren. Tayler turned fourteen on Saturday and spent a good part of her birthday helping her Mom. There is never a dull moment with things to do all the time, I guess it's good to be busy trying to improve daily.

No comments: