Friday, June 26, 2015

Sore Throat and Silver Coins

This week has been crazy with the temperatures between 110-114 degrees.  I hate to complain about the heat because everyone knows it gets hot in Arizona in the summer, but the older I get the harder it is for me to deal with it.  I spent three days this week fighting a sore throat.  I spent two nights not being able to sleep because every time I tried to swallow it hurt really bad. I did everything I could to find relief. I used vitamins, antibiotics, essential oils, gargled with salt water and mouthwash, and just about everything else I could think of.  I was going to call the doctor but then it started feeling a little bit better. On Wednesday night the four of us kids went to Scottsdale and had dinner with Mom.  She has had a bag of silver coins hidden in her house for over thirty years that she wanted to divide up between us.  We sat around the table and each counted out our little coins while she kept saying, "this is so fun having you all here sharing these coins."  I guess when she and my Aunt Tenna sold my grandma's house, her accountant told her to buy silver coins with some of the money. When Dad passed away she decided it was time to get them out of her house.  My brother Len is getting all the paperwork done getting everything moved to the family trust so it will be easier when Mom is taken home to join Dad.  I hope she isn't in too big of a hurry to leave but I know 85 is a long time to live. It seems like everyone is leaving town for vacation this week. Two of my kids are going to California and I wish I was going too, but it isn't in the cards for me to go this year. I will just stay home and enjoy the beautiful weather we are having, besides it's suppose to cool down to 108 by Wednesday, I can't wait.

No comments: