Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Green Pool and Sewing Room Move

It seems like it doesn't take long when the kids are out of school for things to get out of control. For two weeks Mindi and I worked really hard trying to solve our green pool problem.  We finally decided to drain it again and start over. If you get too much chemicals in it the water never clears up. So after we got all the water out and cleaned the tile, we filled it back up and I spent $150 on the chemicals to start it up and got some advice from the pool store. The pool looked amazing and blue and refreshing for about a week. After having fifteen kids swimming and a birthday party, the pool slowly started turning green again. I almost started to cry out of frustration. So Mindi spent another $35 yesterday, got some more advice and we are trying to solve the dilemma once and for all, but if we can't I may just make it into a large koi pond and forget it. I got a bee in my bonnet and decided to move my sewing room into the larger bedroom. With tons of material and five sewing machines it was getting to look like a room that would be on the show "Hoarders." On Saturday Rich and six guys moved the heavy 7 foot cabinet that holds my fabric on to the wall and now we are slowly getting things moved over. I didn't realize how much fabric I had, but you never can have TOO much fabric. I'm trying to get two quilts finished before I have surgery on my hand. It seemed like it was getting a little bit better, but I don't think the numbness and sharp pains are going to go away until I get it fixed. The thought of having surgery makes me sick and I know I have a few more that will need to be done if I'm going to stay out of a wheelchair, but until then I will just continue to shuffle around and pray for a miracle, which probably won't manifest in my lifetime.

No comments: