Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Another Surgery?

Yesterday I got a call from my Surgeon confirming what the "shock test" showed, that I definitely have carpel tunnel syndrome. Some of my family members think I should do massage and other therapies instead of surgery. So I asked him if he ever sees these symptoms go away on their own. He said if I wanted to wear a splint and take anti-inflammatories for the rest of my life I could try that. I know he is a surgeon but I trust him. I have known him for a very long time, our families were close when grew up together and went to the same high school. I have insurance but with a $6,000 deductible, so I'm waiting to hear back from him to see how much we are talking it will cost. This morning as I was thinking about it my thoughts went to my parents. Three years ago when I had my hip replaced they were there during surgery, in the hospital and came over everyday to help me. Then last year when I had my knee scoped they were there again in the waiting room and came over after to help. I don't know where I would be without their love and support. This morning when I was talking to Mom she gave her usual advice, "be the darling you are, things will work out, and know I love you." I miss my Dad and wish I could give him a call and get some advice. For now I will just have to lean on Mom for awhile, she believes in me and for that I'm so thankful.

No comments: