Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Birthdays, Doctors and MVD Shutdown

May is such a busy month with Mother's Day, birthdays and the end of school.  Yesterday Candi treated me to a super duper nice facial. I have never had so many lotions and potions put on my face in my life. I guess she thinks I need a little pampering for my birthday party on Friday. Ha Ha!  This morning I went to the doctor with my sister who needs two knee replacements. I never could get the office to call me back to schedule my carpal tunnel surgery, so I went with her to get some info on that. I think I finally have the ball rolling and hopefully I can get it done before my hand and fingers don't work anymore. Since I was already dressed and had makeup on, which doesn't happen very often, I decided to go to the Motor Vehicle Department. A few weeks ago I got a letter from them telling me it has been twelve years since I've had a picture taken and it needs to be done before the end of the month. Since we were close, I decided it would be nice to get that taken care of.  So we went in and got in line with Mindi's two youngest who had been sick with the stomach flu yesterday.  The line wasn't very long so I thought it would be smooth sailing. Anyway, after about a half hour in line, they made an announcement that the camera wasn't working and they had a state wide problem with the driver's license part of the MVD. I was the next one in line and couldn't believe what I was hearing. It wasn't just that location, it was a state wide shutdown. How does that happen? If I had gotten there sooner maybe it would have worked out but it seems like that's the way my life kind of works. So next week I will be back there in another line waiting to get my picture taken for a driver's license and I don't even drive anymore. Wow! It's been an interesting week so far, I can't wait to see how the rest of it goes.

No comments: