Monday, May 11, 2015

Volleyball, Mother's Day and Quilting

The weekends just go by way to fast. I spent most of Saturday in downtown Phoenix watching Tristyn play in a volleyball tournament. They are done now for a couple of weeks before they start practicing for Nationals. I can't believe how old my grandchildren are getting. She will be a Senior next year and then off to college she goes. While I was supporting Tristyn, Rich and the guys were working around the house. He is so busy with his jobs it was so nice of him to get some things done around here. He got at least ten of the fifty things broken or worn out fixed. My pool was green when I left and blue when I got home, it was magical. There were also ten palm trees planted around it which makes it look so tropical. As soon as the heat gets here I will spend everyday in the pool working on my hips, knees and all the other body parts that seem to be failing me. I had a really nice Mother's Day too. Rich gave me a beautiful plant with purple blossoms on it and my kids each gave me gifts and cards. My brother picked Mom up and she came to church with us and then he and Julie had her over for dinner with their family. Then all the extended family came for desserts. We always have way to many yummy treats and fattening foods but heck it was Mother's Day, and that's the Greer Way we do things. A couple of weeks ago I decided to make Mom a quilt for Mother's Day.  She is a thin person who struggles to take in enough calories, so she is always cold. When she's around she wants the fans turned off, so we are always trying to keep her comfortable, which is warm for her. So I decided to make her a quilt so she can just carry it around everywhere she goes and stay warm. How in Arizona she could ever get cold in the summer I will never know, but she does. I embroidered each one of our names on one of the blocks and then just made some big nine patch blocks and sewed them together. It's made mostly of flannel so it should keep her warm year round. Thanks to all my family for making me feel so loved, it means a lot to me.

No comments: