Friday, May 15, 2015

Rabbit Death and Root Canal

This week started with the death of my last rabbit. I had noticed that she hadn't been eating or drinking so Mindi brought her in the house so I could see what was wrong with her. She was making a crying sound, so I put her in my laundry room on a towel. When I went in to check on her a couple hours later she was gone. I had made a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy any more rabbits. They don't do well in the heat and if they get out the dogs kill them. That chapter is over for me. A few months ago I had to get a new crown put on one of my teeth. When the dentist put it on it felt strange and seemed like when I chewed it hit high on the tooth.  Well earlier in the week it started to hurt and by Wednesday I was feeling it in my jaw and eye. When I called the dentist she told me to come in so they could do an x-ray to see what the problem was.  The news wasn't good, I had an infection in the tooth and needed a root canal.  They made me an appointment with the endodontist and Spencer was nice enough to take me and give me moral support. Between my hip, knee, wrist, shoulder and now my teeth I'm falling apart. If it's this bad at sixty I'm afraid to move into the seventies and eighties. When the dentist was telling me about my tooth I started crying. I told Spencer that maybe it would just be cheaper and better if I could just join Dad. After a little pep talk from him, I realized just how small it was compared to others who are really suffering. Besides that a funeral costs way more than a root canal. I still haven't heard from my surgeon about the cost of my carpal tunnel surgery so hopefully next week I can get some information. Besides that it's my birthday week too. I get two of my favorite days in the same month, two weeks apart. I can't wait to turn sixty-two next week. I'm going to party all week long.

No comments: