Monday, April 1, 2013

Three Receptions, Two Parties and Church

We had a crazy busy weekend but a super fun one too. Rich and I went to three wedding receptions, church and two family parties. As we were traveling from reception to reception I thought to myself, "who is stupid enough to get married around Easter?" Then I realized that with Rich and I getting married on Good Friday that put us in the stupid category. The receptions were so nicely decorated and the food delicious. Rich likes it when we go to receptions because he thinks it counts as a date. On Saturday night we didn't get to stay long at those two receptions because Candi and B.J. were having a family Easter bash at their house. The Wootans were in town, so both families were there to celebrate. They had a cookout and then an Easter Egg Hunt in the dark. They filled up eggs with the glow in the dark bracelets and put them all over the park by their house. Each kid had six eggs with their names on them with money inside. Then the kids took turns hitting a pinata and that is always fun, you can never have enough candy. Sunday was church and it is always nice to enjoy the spirit as the talks and music reminded me of what Easter is all about. We would not be able to return home to our Heavenly Father without the sacrifice the Savior made for each of us. We had dinner for the family yesterday at our house. Mom and Dad came and Mindi and Ethan's families. Candi was busy with the Wootans and I understand they need to spend time with them before they go back to California. My sister Mell, and brother Ben joined us later for dessert. When Dad got to the house he looked white as a ghost and was so sick. I put him in the recliner and covered him with a quilt. I had Mindi bring down some anti-nausea pills they gave her when she was pregnant with Trulie and the doctor had prescribed for him. He started feeling a little bit better and sat at the table and pretended to eat a few bites. He says food just "tastes terrible."As I look at my Dad suffer the affects of chemotherapy it makes me wonder what trials I will have as I reach old age. Each day I struggle with my trials like everyone else and hope that the future will not be too hard for me to deal with. I want to be worthy to see my loved ones on the other side and have them be proud of my efforts here on earth.








No comments: