Monday, April 15, 2013

Purify My Heart

I knew it was going to be a good weekend when I was up most of Friday night with a stomach virus,  Rich cut our cable line to the house while trying to fix the sprinklers, and I broke out in a rash all over my arms and fingers. What the heck! Sometimes it seems like I just move from adversity to adversity, what am I suppose to learn? I was glad that I was well enough to go to church because we had some changes in the Relief Society presidency. That is a job that is so time consuming but so very important. The guys worked all day Saturday on the lawn and it looks wonderful. The flowers are all blooming and smell so good. As soon as it gets hot they will all start dying, so I need to enjoy them while we can. I sold one litter of puppies in five days and had a few more calls, I wish the four that I lost would have made it because they were darling little puppies. I miss them, but they were a lot of work and stress for this old lady. In my little adversity book there is a chapter about how "Adversity Builds Character." Orson F. Whitney says, "No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility.  All that we suffer and all that we endure purifies our heart, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God...and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven." I guess I need to learn a lot more before I pass on because it sure seems like I have a lot of little bumps in the road.

No comments: