Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Married 37 Years, How Can That Be?

Our family has been so saddened by what happened in Boston on Monday. Even though most of our family live here in Arizona, we still have Spencer, Annie and the kids in a suburb of Boston for a couple more weeks until they make their move West next month. Yesterday Rich and I celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary. It seems like when I go through these milestones it makes me reflective on my life. Some things I felt I did really well and then others I was a total failure at. The one thing I do know in my old age is that I feel that most people do the very best they know how to, at the time they are going through their trials. I am very proud of my children and grandchildren. The fact that their parents are teaching them right from wrong and how to be good people makes us so happy. We have an "angel granddaughter" who makes us try everyday to become better. None of us is perfect and I don't expect to ever be on this earth, but I feel we are moving forward as a family. As we were on our way out to dinner last night we were talking about all the terrible things that have happened either on our anniversary or near it. The Oklahoma City bombing, Waco, Columbine, Virginia Tech and now the Boston bombings were all tragedies that happened in the middle of April. We got married on Good Friday in 1976 the Bicentennial Year of our Country. We had red, white and blue as our colors for our wedding. I have always loved the colors of our country and Rich and I both went to High Schools that Red and Blue were the colors. Not to mention Spencer graduating from the U of A where their colors are also Red and Blue. I wish I could say that our marriage has been all rainbows, butterflies and peanut M&M's but that would be a lie. We have struggled to become one because of our head strong personalities and strong opinions but we have tried hard to keep our family together for the sake of all involved and the love we have for each other and the Savior. Rich has had to put up with a lot with all my physical problems and addiction to animals, and I have had a few of his faults to overlook. But one thing we do have is our family and each other, and hopefully we will have many more years to spend together before going to the other side to meet up with Kamber.


No comments: