Friday, April 12, 2013

Already Friday Again?

Last night when Rich got home from work he could barely get out of his truck he was so tired. He turned to Dave and said, "tell me tomorrow isn't already Friday." Yes dear, it is already Friday again. This morning I woke up and felt the urge to take my life back. For the last seven weeks I have been taking care of, or helping take care of three litters of puppies. The first batch are all sold except one little male and I hope he will find a forever home before the weekend is out. I am pleasantly surprised they sold so fast and hope those families will treat these little guys well.  I also moved the baby chickens out of my laundry room and outside where chickens are suppose to be. So, I'm taking my life and home back inch by inch and trying to simplify it. Dad went to the doctor yesterday and his cancer counts are better, so they are taking him off of the chemotherapy infusions and putting him on pills. I overhead him telling Mindi that he wished he would just have a fatal heart attack because dying from prostate cancer is really painful. OUCH! The older I get and the more experiences I have the more I see how my life is not really in my control. I'm trying really hard to control my thoughts and actions but sometimes things just happen where I see the Lord has inspired me. I read a little quote by Spencer W. Kimball, who I adore that says, "Are we not exposed to temptations to test our strength, sickness that we might learn patience, death that we might be immortalized and glorified?" How nice it will be to be in heaven with all those I love who have passed on and see Kamber again. To not suffer with physical problems and hopefully be worthy to see the Savior, to be immortalized and glorified, how wonderful will that be?

No comments: