Saturday, April 27, 2013

Lif Is A Changing

Last night as Rich and I were leaving a wedding reception for one of his young men, I made the comment about how I wouldn't want to be starting all over again newly married. Then the thought came to me that if I could go back with all my experiences and knowledge, I would do things so much different, and hopefully better. We only get one chance at this mortal life and then we get to live with and hopefully learn from those experiences. I have noticed lately how our lives are changing. Our children and grandchildren are getting older and in just one short year our oldest granddaughter will be driving. EEK! Sometimes when I think of how wicked this world is getting I am afraid of what these children, I love will have to endure long after Rich and I are gone. Every  morning when I go out to feed the animals Trulie carries the carrots for me. If she hears me say carrots she runs to the fridge and pulls two carrots out and knows it is time to take them out to the rabbits. I watch her as she copies everything we do and she is starting to say lots of words. I have to be careful because sometimes I may say a "bad word" that I probably wouldn't want her to repeat in Primary. I have been working on a quilt for the girl who cleans my house and helps me when I need her. She has had some challenges in life but she is such a good person. When Kamber passed away and when I had hip surgery she was there to clean and she didn't charge me, she just did it for service. She turned 50 on April the 10th and I just finished her quilt this morning, hopefully she will like it. With the temperatures getting hotter by the day, I noticed that a lot of our flowers are dying. One year Rich planted some giant sunflowers so when the flowers die we don't have all this ugly dirt. Anyway, when I went outside this morning the sunflowers are starting to bloom as the others are wilting and dying. Life is changing for us and I'm happy with what is going on over here, the kids are getting older and helping with the yard and pool. Rich has been blessed with lots of work so hopefully we can pull out of this rough economy. Now if I could just stop the clock so in 26 days I won't turn 60 that would be nice, but on the other hand my parents think I'm young, so how bad can it be?


No comments: