Monday, April 8, 2013

Three Birthdays and Conference

What a wonderful weekend we had listening to conference and enjoying a get together with our family. There is just something nice about sitting in your pajamas listening to music and talks, it was just so relaxing. I felt the spirit as I listened to words of wisdom and inspiration. Something that jumped out at me was when one of the speakers said, "other than our physical bodies the most precious thing we have is our agency. We have the freedom to choose for ourselves what we will do, but we don't have the choice when it comes to consequences." We had three birthdays this week, Brookie, Tyton and Ethan's today. Yesterday we went out to Ethan and Jenn's for dinner and to celebrate. Brookie wasn't feeling well but we always have fun when we get together. Jenn even got Ethan a Superman cake, some things just never change. Mindi decided that the puppies are ready to go to good homes so she put an ad for them yesterday. I got several calls and even though I was in tears to let them go, it is time for them to be loved by a family. Everyone who has come have been so nice. They are active families with little kids who will take these dogs hiking and boating and teach them how to swim. Because the people were anxious to get their dogs, Mindi and I ran them down to the vet this morning for their first shots and for a wellness check. They are the healthiest puppies and I hope they make good pets, I will miss them, a little bit. Now I'm going to use some of that agency they talked about and go take a nap, I deserve one.









No comments: