Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Worry Wart"

Everyone who is close to our family knows that my Mother is a "worry wart." She calls all us kids everyday and asks the same questions, "how's everything going? And how are all the kids?" If someone is sick or something is wrong we know she will always have an answer or at least some sympathy. Even as a young child I knew my Mother worried about everything. When my grandparents house in Springerville burned down she wouldn't go in an elevator or a basement for many many years. When we traveled she wouldn't eat anything until we arrived at our destination because it would literally make her sick. When we were learning how to drive we were only allowed to make right turns, so we would drive around the block making all right turns. The older I get the more fears I have. I used to think my life was safe, that I had everything under control. Since Kamber's passing it has become very clear to me that we live in a dangerous time. We need to be vigilant about who we let near our children and grandchildren. We need to be careful with what they watch and who they listen to. I know sometimes we have no control over what happens to us, the trials we have to go through, but some things we bring on ourselves. I think we can live a full life without becoming paranoid, but as we look around the world there are some really scary things happening. I have a witch that sits in my entryway during Halloween. Troy won't even come down the hall anymore so he goes out the front door of Mindi's and rides his bike all around the house to avoid her. I try to tell him that she is so cute and so nice, but he doesn't believe me. I wonder where he gets that from?

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love your witch and your blog layout. That is funny about Troy---it will be a great memory for him when he is older. The kids will talk about the witch at Grandma's house with fond memories I am sure. That's what it is all about. The memories we make while we are here. That's all we take with us. I think that is why we play so much at our house. I am sure Kamber has great memories of the time she spent at Grandma's.