Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Love The Cool Weather!

This is the time of year that we all love about living in Arizona. It has finally cooled off and we will take it even if it's for a few days. I have lived here all my life. I was born in the old Mesa Southside Hospital in downtown Mesa. I remember going over to my Grandmother's house and loving the smells of the orange blossoms in the spring and the distinct smell of the fall. As I grew up I related the fall smells to football games. I have spent from childhood to now going to football games in the fall months. Now that Spencer is playing in Denver it is kind of sad that we don't have anyone to go cheer for. Our grandchildren aren't old enough yet, but hopefully some day one of them will play. For the last two weekends we have been planting our purple flowers to honor our little precious "angel child". Rich and I went to Lowes to pick up our assortment of purple and purple and white pansies. He also got some taller flowers to put around our fountain. As we were driving down to the store I began to cry and feeling sorry for myself. (That happens a lot lately.) I said, "no grandparents should have to go buy flowers to plant because one of their grandchildren have died." But, as we got home and went to work it became a little easier. We have always had enough money to do our whole walkway, but with the economy the way it is, we just can't afford three hundred dollars on flowers this year. Rich has planted his own seeds and is hoping to plant them soon. The holidays are hard. We know we are missing a member of our family. I hope she is near and knows how much we love and miss her. On Sunday as we were saying our family prayer I told Rich that we need to get to where instead of being so sad, we need to be happy for her. We know she is in a better place and won't have to suffer some of the trials our earthly life requires. We are trying hard and that is all we can do at this time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Teri- I sure miss seeing you. I use my blanket every night and every day when I cuddle up on the sofa. Everyone who comes to my house asks me about it and I say "my wonderful friend Teri Larsen made it" I love you forever.. and I am sorry you have to feel the pain of a grandchild gone from this earth to love and cherish and dont forget yell at... ha ha I dont understand what you are going through, and my heart aches for all of you sometimes.

Debbie said...

Beautiful flowers for a beautiful granddaughter....who I am sure loves them from heaven.