Friday, October 23, 2009

Thankful for Two Daughters

In my family growing up I had one sister and two brothers plus a Navajo brother that came and lived with us until he graduated from high school. I didn't always get along with my sister but now we are pretty good friends. Sometimes my sister and I will get on the phone three -way with my Mom and we have a good time talking. She always tells us how glad she is to have her two daughters. As I get older I am sure glad that I have been able to have two daughters. They are really different but both are great in their own way. Mindi is such a good person and would do anything for anyone. She helps me so much I could never repay her. She puts up with a lot living so close but I appreciate all she does for us. Candi is just a "ton of fun." There have been times that I think I could have literally wrung her neck, but as she has grown up and matured we can finally, for the most part get along. She is so good to keep our hair looking nice and she does lots of nice things for people in and out of the family. I just got home from shopping with her and she is sometimes brutally honest, but I guess so am I. As my children get older they almost become my friends instead of me being their parent. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. The other day while Candi was changing her babies diaper she was joking that someday she would be changing mine. Oh, I hope that never happens, I hope the Dear Lord will take me home before I have to rely on one of my daughters to take care of my sanitary needs. Mindi has made a promise to protect me when I get too old and Candi is going to make me look beautiful for my funeral. That is what is so good about having two daughters!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love your girls! They should still be 5 and we should still be 29. Life is zooming by way too fast!