Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shopping in Utah

Rich's comment..."guess who the witch is?"

There were three reasons I went to Utah last week. To see family, go shopping and attend Rich's missionary reunion with President Ballard. When we got there Thursday my sister-in-law Marybeth had a nice dinner for us. We had fun visiting with her and all her children came by to see us except one daughter who lives far away. She is the Relief Society President in her ward and is so very busy. She is an amazing person. Her house is spotless, and I don't know anyone who is more busy serving than she is. I joke that she reminds me of myself, NOT. She was so kind and we left the kids with the grandpas and went shopping at fabric stores and craft stores. It was fun and Utah has the best flannel material ever. We then decided to go to a place called Gardner's Village. It was kind of like a big boutique with tons of shops. They had a Christmas shop, a Quilt shop, a Sign shop and then my favorite, the Sweet shop. They had all kinds of candy including fudge, taffy, caramel apples and chocolate covered sunflower seeds. We had Marybeth and her husband Richard, their daughter Kristi and her four children, Rich and I and my sister Mell and Rich's Mom Beth. It was crazy crowded because all the kids were out of school because of a teacher's convention. There were so many people you could hardly stay on the sidewalks. They had the most amazing women dressed up as witches so we took pictures of as many as we could to get ideas for my Halloween costume. You know, "if the broom fits, fly it." After all the shopping we were so tired so we went back to the hotel and rested until we got ready to go to the reunion. I will tell you about that experience with an Apostle tomorrow.

This witch had a "thing" for Rich.

This is our group as we were leaving the festival.

3 comments:

Lis said...

I am sorry we missed seeing you guys. It sounds like you had fun though. We have had sick kids so we had to stay home.

Debbie said...

Love the witches!! Glad you had a good time. I am sure it was a much needed get away for both of you!

MaryBeth said...

I sure enjoyed having you come. It just needs to be longer so you are not so warn out when you get home. Miss ya!