Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Up and Down


Have you ever noticed how when you have a good day, a special day, whether it's Christmas, a wedding, a birthday, or even after Conference, you always seem to have a major letdown the next day? S0 went my day today. We had such a special day yesterday remembering Kamber on her birthday. We met at the cemetery in the late afternoon and wrote messages to her on little papers. We tied them to the balloons and let them go at the same time. We watched them until we couldn't see them anymore. Then we went to Ethan and Jenn's and had pizza, salad and birthday cake. When I was at the cemetery I didn't feel anything. I didn't feel her there. But when we got to the house for dinner, Jenn had a cute little list of things that Kamber likes. It was very emotional for me and I could feel her spirit really strong. Ethan and Jenn continue to amaze me with how strong they are. I know in their private time they struggle, but they are an example to me. As everyone knows, I love animals. I help a friend of mine rescue unwanted or found rabbits, birds and tortoises. Well, I had a little white rabbit that the other rabbits were beating up. They hurt his back and bit his tale until it was bleeding. So I made the decision to move him over into another pen with the tortoises. He was doing really well and yesterday he was hopping all around and looked happy. Well, this morning Rich came in to tell me that my little white rabbit had been killed and almost eaten by my dogs. The gate is broken and it hadn't been secured enough so they jumped over the barrier and killed him. I am smart enough to know that this is just a rabbit and there will be more where he came from, but it put me in a bad place for today. Life is hard. It is full of good times and bad. My Dad always says, "The sun will come up tomorrow." Rich says,"Some days are diamonds, and some are stones." Well, the sun will come up tomorrow, but today was a stone.


This is after we let all of the balloons go.

3 comments:

Alishia said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your rabbit! What a horrible way to start your day. I hope that tomorrow sends you diamonds. We'll send some extra prayers your way!!

I loved seeing the pictures!! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Sorry about your rabbit! That is a horrible thing to come out to in the morning, just breaks your heart. Big HUG! What a sweet way to let Kamber know how much you all love her and miss her! Those are great pictures!!!

The McNeil Family said...

I am amazed too how strong Jen can be at times, I am so glad that she is my friend.SHe is lucky to have you as a mother in law. I am sorry about your rabbit. I hope tomorrow is a better day.