Saturday, February 21, 2009

Boy are we spoiled!

The last couple of months have been really stressful for me. We have had a ton of birthdays and Valentine's Day also. It seems like all I did was clean and do housework and run errands. Today I decided to take a day off and go to Tristyn's club volleyball tournament in Phoenix. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. because I was worried I wouldn't get up in time to get my chores done, shower and get to the Salvation Army gym by 8:00 a.m. We left a little late but made it there half way through the first match. It was weird to be on the road on a saturday morning because that isn't my routine. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to just be out and about. After we watched the first game we ran to Walgreens to get a birthday gift for a party the boys were going to in the afternoon. We were on Broadway and around 16th street. Wow do I live in a lead mine. I felt so spoiled as we saw some of the people walking down the street. Some had all their possessions in a shopping cart, others were just carrying them in a few sacks. The homes were painted some really wild collors like pink, orange, and blue. I wondered, why do I have a nice home, a great family, the gospel, and so many blessings, and these people have nothing? I know they are our Heavenly Father's children also, but why is their life so hard? I have such gratitude for my parents, my husband and my children. It's too bad that I have to take a trip to South Phoenix to remind me just how good I have it.

2 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

U are right, it sad that we have to see something like that to remind us how well we have..I am so blessed. thanks for sharing this with me.

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Mom its funny you blogged about this. While I was down by the Temple today picking up my business cards I saw a man carring a large laundry basket and it looked so heavy. If I had B.J. with me I would have gave him a ride. I drove by him and thought how greatful I was for a car and that I have a washer and dryer to do my clothes. I went into cox and paid for my cards and I got back into the car and on my way up to the freeway again the same man was still walking with this heavy basket and I thought how sad. He probably knows no other way. I almost started crying. He was moving slower but he was still moving. I thought the whole way to the Dentist how greatful for all the things we have. I think we are blessed because of our parents and grandparents and greatgrandparents choices. I forget quite often how good I have it. We are all truly blessed.