Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pathway of Discipleship

I am amazed at how fast my life seems to be moving. As I get older it seems like it takes longer to do the things I could breeze through a few years ago. Rich looked in the mirror in our bathroom the other night and said,"Wow, I feel like I have really aged the last few months." I said, "I think since Kamber died we have both aged a bunch." I've been reading a really good article by Elder Neal A. Maxwell called "The Pathway of Discipleship." He was a great Apostle that ended up getting leukemia and dying. Most of his stuff is WAY over my head, but a few things really stood out. We are here to develop divine attributes of love, mercy, patience, submissivenss, meekness, and purity. The only way we can get these is through our experiences; those trials we are asked to pass. "All these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."(D&C 122;7). He then goes on to say that by living the Gospel we will become more aware of situations where we can do good. I know I am surrounded by people who are trying to be disciples of Christ. The kindness of people around me continues to amaze me. The little notes in the mail, the calls, and the darling gifts I received honoring Kamber on her birthday last week will never be forgotten. Thank you all for caring about my feelings. I hope to become a better disciple of Christ myself.

No comments: