Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July and Forgiveness

It's already the 4th of July, I can't believe how fast this summer is going by. All of my kids and grandkids are out of town except Spencer and his family who came from Montana for a family reunion. It's been a long time since Rich and I have been alone. He's busy working around the house and on some jobs, so I'm alone with the pets trying to keep everything alive until Mindi gets home later tonight. Yesterday in RS the lesson was on forgiving others. I have to admit that one of the hardest things for me to do is forgive those who have wronged me. Two Saturdays ago Rich came home from work and asked if I knew who stole some expensive tools out of the garage. I wondered why he would open the garage and then leave for the day. When it's hot I don't even venture out, so I never saw anyone. Since we have lived in this house we have had a motorcycle, truck, pots off the front porch, and now tools taken from us. Our neighbors across the street had their cars broken into and another neighbor said stuff was stolen out of her opened garage too. What kind of people think it is their right to steal from others? I wish I could just let things go but I do let things bother me a lot. I've got several quilts in the works, one for Tristyn to take to college but when it gets hot I really have a hard time going in my sewing room and working on a quilt. I need to get in the mood because she leaves for BYU in four weeks. The older I get the more I appreciate this country I live in. It seems like the world is on fire with evil people trying to kill us but I feel safe. We pray for our servicemen and all those who serve our country and keep us safe. Happy 4th to all my friends and family where ever you are.

No comments: