Thursday, March 10, 2016

Insects in the Lemon Tree

The weather has been absolutely beautiful the last few weeks. I can't remember when we were in the 90's in February but these last few days have been cool and breezy. I have so many things to do inside and I'm working on a few quilts, but yesterday I decided to go outside and pick some lemons to juice. Rich uses them for lemonade in the summer and I need them for my jelly. As I was picking, I could hear some buzzing and knew there were some insects in the tree. I had two buckets full and was reaching for one big one when something flew at my face and stung me on the bottom of my nose. Of course I panicked and started running as fast as this large old lady can towards Mindi's house. I pounded on her window as this critter was attacking my head. When I got inside I grabbed some ice and was relieved that I hadn't gotten caught in a swarm of bees. It was really scary. Anyway, Mindi came in from her bedroom and asked what had happened and suggested I put some Frankincense oil on my nose. It's a little bit tender and I have a small scab but I'm glad it wasn't worse. I've been stung before by a bee and a wasp so I knew I wasn't allergic but I took some Benadryl anyway.  All of our citrus is starting to blossom which reminds me of traveling to my Grandma's house in Mesa when I was a child. Hopefully this nice weather will stay awhile because I'm really not ready for the 110's yet.

No comments: