Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Is Here

Boy we knew this time was coming and it seems like the summer has come on really fast and strong. I just got home from running some errands and it's like a furnace outside.  I've spent the last few days trying to catch up on my ironing. It's hard standing at the ironing board when it's 112 degrees outside but I finally finished today. I got behind because we were up all night Friday delivering puppies, it's always a relief when they get here safe and sound and the Mom takes good care of them. We only have one left of the last litter and we have met some pretty amazing people who have come from Las Vegas, Denver, and we even shipped one to New York. I finally finished the baby quilt I've been working on for a friend, now it's on to the My Little Pony quilt I'm making for Trulie's fourth birthday on the 3rd of July. They have scheduled my carpal tunnel surgery for the 16th of July, so any sewing that needs to get done before that is what I'm working on now. It seems like everywhere I go there are reminders of Father's Day.  Since this will be the first one since my Dad passed away, I'm feeling a little bit worried about how my emotions will be by Sunday.  We always would get together with extended family but now we will just celebrate in our own individual families. I know Mom doesn't like change but she will just have to start a new normal without Dad. I worry about her being alone but until she gets tired of it and wants to make a change, she can do what she wants to. It can't be fun being alone day and night and I know she isn't eating much but at what point do we tell her she has to move? I don't think we can so until she decides she needs a change we will support her.

No comments: