Monday, September 8, 2014

"Life is Hard, but Simple"


For the last few days we have been hearing about this monster storm that is going to hit us from the remnants of a Hurricane down in Mexico. Living in the desert we will take every drop of rain we can get. Anyway, as I was getting ready for bed last night I was complaining to Rich about how the weather forecasters must be idiots because a lot of times they say we are going to get storms that never come our way. When I woke up this morning and looked out we are flooded. It looks like it does when we have three hours of irrigation. So of course all we are hearing about is the rain. First it was enough rain to call it a fifty year flood and now it may be 100 years, who knows. I know some parts of Phoenix have gotten between five and six inches of rain and it's still raining. I love the rain, it makes me happy, it cools the temperatures down and smells so good. Too bad it's going to get back up into the 100's by the weekend. A couple of weeks ago Len and Julie had a General Authority come stay with them for the weekend. He was one of the Presidents of the Seventy, so he's a special person. Anyway, they invited us down to meet him and have a little discussion. It was just Mary and her husband, Josh and his wife and me and Rich. Len asked him an interesting question. He said, "Teri and Rich have lost a granddaughter to drowning. Mary lost her husband last year to an illness. And we have had our own challenges. What would you say to would help us get through these trials." After thinking for a minute all he said is, "Life is hard, we just have to keep going and do the best we can when facing these challenges." He then went on to tell a little story about his own daughter and how she was still grieving after the loss of her baby. Yesterday in Sunday School we talked about Job. Have any of us suffered as much as Job did? And did he ever blame God? I have been trying really hard to receive some inspiration on what to do about my knee and hip. I have come to realize that someday soon I will get my answer. It just might not be the right time to make a decision, or maybe I will just be healed. I do know that our Heavenly Father knows each one of us and wants us to be happy. As they taught in the lesson yesterday, "Life is Hard, but it is so Simple." I'm going to spend the day inside working on some quilts and hopefully at some point it will stop raining so I can get out and feed my hungry critters.