Saturday, October 31, 2015

Games Over, New Grandbaby

I made it through another busy week and lived to tell about it. Tristyn had her last two volleyball games and is now moving on to college ball next year. She has played on the Varsity team for all four years and had over a thousand kills. For those who don't know what a kill is, it's a spike that isn't returned by the other team. I love watching her play because she is such a team player and tries really hard every game. She has had some challenges in her playing career. Some of her coaches tried to ruin her self esteem, but she rose above that and hopefully is a better person having gone through her trials. Trace had his last football game and it is fun to watch him play. Sometimes it seems like we are starting all over again watching the grand kids. It brings back lots of memories that's for sure. On Wednesday I got a call that Annie was in the hospital having their baby. She finally delivered a nine pound baby girl in the afternoon. She is one of the prettiest babies I've seen in a long time. I only wished they lived close enough for me to go see her but with them living in Montana it may take a while before that happens. This makes an even twenty grandchildren for us and I think all my kids are done having babies. Twenty is a lot and we are so blessed with every one of them. Today is Halloween and it's my favorite Grandma's birthday. I was hoping Annie would have her baby on Grandma Fern Turley's birthday because with all the grand kids, not one has been born on Halloween. She was a special person who had a very hard life but never complained. I strive to be just a little bit like her. She passed away while I was at BYU in 1974, boy how we've missed her.

No comments: