Friday, October 9, 2015

A Fun But Emotional Week

This week has flown by just like the others lately.  I visited my sister in the hospital after her knee replacement, went to three of Tristyn's volleyball games and was with her and her parents when she received her patriarchal blessing. It's been a busy and emotional week. I know I'm getting old because my grandchildren are going to be going away to college and someday, hopefully not too soon, I will be a great-grandma.  Ugg! Tomorrow I will be leaving to go with Candi, B.J. and the boys to California for a week.  I usually go with them in the summer but because Candi and I both had surgery, they invited me to go with them now. I plan to relax on the beach, celebrate B.J.'s birthday and go Trick or Treating with Mickey Mouse at Disneyland.  I have woken up a couple of mornings  in tears, worrying about whether I should go or not. I had such a hard time with homesickness while visiting Montana this summer that I'm almost afraid to leave home again. The good thing is that it's not too far away and I have an exit strategy this time. Sometimes I feel guilty leaving Rich here alone, but he will be working his fifteen hours a day six days a week anyway, and I don't think he felt bad at all leaving me for ten days when he went to Italy this summer. I'm kind of a tit for tat person. While listening to Conference last weekend I've decided to try and make some changes. Sometimes I have trouble with my mouth and say a few cuss words.  I am going to try really hard to clean up my language as suggested by one of the speakers.  I also am trying to do better with not judging others and trying to see them the way the Savior does. At times that is really hard for me as I wonder why people are the way they are. I know I'm far from perfect but it's hard sometimes for me to just accept people the way they are. Candi called me last week while she was turning her hair pink. I know she is a hairdresser and the big thing it to change hair colors all the time. I know I'm an old fuddy duddy but the thought of walking around California with cotton candy colored hair is a little bit embarrassing for me. Anyway, it is California and I'm sure there will be some weird looking folks over there too, we will fit right in.

No comments: