Saturday, October 24, 2015

Halloween With Grandchildren

I've been home from California for a week now and have been working hard to get my house back together again. I've been busy doing laundry, ironing Rich's shirts, and trying to catch up on my sleep deprivation. It was extremely hot in California and I slept in an upstairs room with no air conditioning, so it was good to get home.  On Thursday afternoon Mindi and Dave left for a Conference in Utah. They have five children from the ages of 17 to 4 so it's not like they have a bunch of little kids. I got up really early yesterday morning to get the kids off to school. One did make it to school but the other three complained of everything from sore throats to unknown maladies. I was so stressed out that I texted Mindi and said, "you need to deal with them because they don't respond to me." All I heard back was "ok". After I went in my bedroom and had a good cry, I returned to her house and started a mandatory "pickup drill." They were pretty good to help me with the dishes and laundry before I finally gave up and went to my house to try and get something done there. Can I just say that I sure admire those grandparents that have had to raise their grandchildren because of situations they didn't expect. I will just be glad when their parents get home tomorrow so they can deal with their children. I don't like the responsibility and hate having to get upset with them before they will help. It hasn't helped that the girl that helps me clean my house hasn't worked for almost a month because she has a bad foot. Yesterday Ethan invited us out to his Ward's "Trunk or Treat". I thought it would be fun to take the kids somewhere since they were feeling MUCH better in the afternoon. Ethan has always wanted to be the scary clown from the Steven King's movie, "It". I've never seen it because I'm a chicken but he had someone make his costume after I refused to. He filled up lots of balloons and gave them to the kids, which I thought would be too scared to even go by him but they weren't. This Halloween has been fun so far spending some time with the Wootans at Disneyland and then last night with Ethan's family. I will be glad after next week when we move on to pomegranate picking and Thanksgiving, if it would just cool down so I can get in the mood for the holidays that would help.




No comments: