Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Hate The Heat!

This is the time of year when I feel I'm losing what few marbles I have left in my brain. We are on the energy saving plan to help defray the extremely high energy costs by turning off everything at 3:00 in the afternoon. By 5:00 I felt like I was having heatstroke. I had stripped down to just my underwear and still was about to die. So I put my suit on and got in the pool. I'm just now starting to feel a little bit better, I really don't know how much longer I can take this. It doesn't help that the air conditioner is broken that cools my kitchen and dining area and the one in my family room keeps shutting off at different times during the day. I'm starting to lose patience with my contractor husband and think maybe I will just hire someone to come fix it and he can pay the bill. All he says is "go outside where it's 110 and then 86 feels pretty good." He' NOT funny! This weekend my Dad is having a little family reunion up in Eagar like we did last year. The little cabin was perfect twenty years ago but with all the grandkids and great grandkids we just don't fit anymore. Plus I like my king size bed and the little twin and full beds don't fit us plus size adults. I started a quilt last year to raffle off but never finished it, so I thought about finishing it this year. Then I lost interest again until my sister reminded me that I had promised it last year. So today was the day to put a huge dent in it. I've got it all together, tied, and the binding on. I was blind hemming the binding when I started having heatstroke so maybe tonight when my house cools down I will be able to work on it some more. Hopefully it will be cool in the mountains because I've about had it with the heat. I swear next year I'm going somewhere away from the desert until it cools off, or maybe I just won't come back this weekend.

No comments: