Monday, August 25, 2014

New Bishops Times Two

For the last two Sundays I have attended church where new Bishoprics have been sustained. Last week it was in my home ward and yesterday was in Chandler where my nephew was put in as the Bishop of his ward. The meetings were similar but because of the family ties, yesterday was extremely sweet. My nephew, Jeremy is the oldest of the grandchildren and the first baby to make me an aunt. I remember taking him to the zoo and having fun with him before I had my own children. He has been an honorable kid, who served a mission in Canada and has served with two Bishops and on the High Council for two years. He and his wife adopted two small children who needed a home because of choices their birth mother made. He has a great personality and his sense of humor makes him so fun to be around, we love when he comes to the family parties. I know he will do a great job and know the Lord will bless his family while he serves. In his talk he spoke about his favorite song being, "As I Have Loved You." That's one of my favorite songs also. He told the people in his ward that he wanted them to "love themselves like he knows the Savior loves them." I felt he was talking to me, because sometimes I feel so unworthy of love that I sink into a dark abyss. Last evening we went out to Ethan and Jen's for dinner. It's always fun to see the kids and be together. Jen is feeling and looking pregnant but I think she still looks great. I know having twins is going to be a hard challenge for her but if anyone can do it, she can. We are thankful the babies are healthy and normal so far and pray she can get through this without complications. Changes are coming within our wards and in families and that's what we can be sure of, things never stay the same.

No comments: