Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Bone Scan and Quilting

As the summer finally starts to wind down it's good to know the cooler weather will gradually come. We have had a few good monsoon storms the last two weeks and between those and irrigation we are pretty much a mud bog out back. The temperatures have gone down a little but the humidity has been so high, it's seems hotter than ever. I have heard lots of people say they can't wait for August to be over. I finally have the date for my bone scan which will be done on Friday. I called to leave a message with my knee surgeon to talk about my options, I'm anxious to see what he thinks I should do. On Sunday while sitting in church I got this overwhelming feeling that something needed to change in my life. I can't put my finger on what's bothering me. I have had these feelings before where I don't feel I'm doing what I'm suppose to be doing, or living where I'm suppose to be living. Maybe it's just a phase in life when you get over 60 and hopefully it will pass soon, or maybe a change is coming I don't know about yet.  I've been working on some really cute quilts lately. My granddaughter has requested not only what pattern of quilt she wants but also the color of fabrics she wants. Her birthday is in late September so hopefully I can get it done. I'm also working on one that I started last year to take to our reunion in the White Mountains on Labor Day weekend. I'm still trying to figure out how to finish it, so that has me worried. Then of course I need double of everything for the twins coming in the Fall. Making and buying two of everything is getting expensive and time consuming but I'm so excited to see what these two babies look like. I never in a million years thought I would be the grandmother to twins. We don't have any twins in our family that I know of, so this has to be from Jenn's posterity. Right now everything is going well and the babies are healthy and look normal, we are thankful for that.

No comments: