Friday, November 29, 2013

"Extreme Larsen Makover"

I survived the "Extreme Makeover, Larsen Home Thanksgiving Edition." These are some pictures of my house I took on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Rich decided it needed to be remodeled to accommodate our growing extended family. He had one week to get it done and with my tears and threats we almost made it. We were still mopping and dusting as guests arrived for dinner. There was several times over the last few days that I literally went into the spare bedroom and just tried to keep my mind from going crazy. I was wondering if maybe I was going to have a breakdown and be hospitalized for the Holidays. Yeah! Rich has often told me that construction is just one big problem solving experience and now I know how each day works for him. I have a better appreciation for what he puts up with. Even with having problems with the wood floor and getting the wrong paint color, we were still able to get enough done to have dinner here yesterday. I should have taken some pictures before everyone started coming in but we were still trying to finish while setting up tables and organizing the food. We had a huge crowd this year, I counted 65 people, with Ethan and his family coming later to visit. We missed Spencer, Annie and their little family who are in Florida while he finishes up his season with the Buccaneers, then hopefully they can come for a visit. We were so tired last night we were in bed at 8:30 and it was nice to not have to worry about doing anything but clean up the mess from dinner. Now hopefully we can get it totally finished before Christmas, that will be our next family dinner and hopefully Rich won't decide to do something else, I'm too tired.
 



No comments: