Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Renovation and Family Pictures








For about five years now Rich has talked about remodeling the dining area of our house to accommodate all the family functions we have. He told me a couple of weeks ago it was going to happen, but in my mind I just thought he was too busy and wouldn't have time. Well, on Thursday night I took all the pictures off the wall and by Friday the demolition had started. They have 72 hours to get it done before our family arrives for Thanksgiving, and I can tell you right now I'm a nervous wreck. I already feel the pressure of just getting my house clean and the food prepared and now we are in the middle of a small renovation. Part of me is so scared but then the other is excited to finally have it done. Yesterday we went out to the desert to have some family pictures taken. Candi's darling sister-in-law Leah is a wonderful photographer, but doesn't really like doing it. Mindi wanted her pictures taken for Christmas too, so it was so nice of Leah to shoot their little family. Rich and I haven't taken pictures for a long time so we just tagged along for a few of us because we are so darling. NOT! Because of all the rain last weekend we were wondering if it was going to happen, but I have to tell you the sky was so clean and blue and the Superstition Mountains were beautiful. It was magical and spiritual to be in the desert with all the vegetation and the beauty of it all. When we left it was about 50 degrees and you could smell the fireplace smoke and it smelled like Christmas. It's not everyday you get to spend some time with your loved ones in such a beautiful place. Last week I was asked, "What is the purpose of coming here and having children?" All I could say was that we are to have joy in our posterity because when we go to the other side that is all that matters. Thanks Dan for taking all these pictures with my stupid little camera, it was so nice of you.

No comments: