Thursday, August 1, 2013

Five Years Ago and Breakthroughs and Breakdowns


I can't believe how fast the week has gone by. On Monday Rich and I went out to see Ethan who was sick with the flu. He had been feeling terrible all day and needed a blessing. So off we went to do a mission of mercy for him and are thankful he is well. On Tuesday evening Mindi and I traveled to North Scottsdale to participate in a seminar that Candi had attended all weekend. It is called the Landmark Forum and is a worldwide organization that helps people in their lives. They have family come out for support and hopefully get them to sign up for a future forum. As we drove home around 11:00 p.m. I was so tired, but felt like it was where we needed to be. One of the things I heard was just how so many people struggle with relationships with their Moms, Dads and siblings.  As they shared their stories I was amazed that people would not have spoken to a parent for over three years. Another thing was how we need to let go of the past and move towards living in the here and now. All I could think of is how much the loss of my fifth child through miscarriage and Kamber's drowning had kept me stuck in the past. We can't really have any quality of life if we are worrying about something that happened twenty-seven years, or even five years ago. So with Candi's help, Mindi and I are signed up to attend the forum later on this month. I know I have a lot of issues that I need to work through and overcome, and hopefully this will help me. Today is Spencer's second little guy, Gunnar's birthday. He turned five years old today. He is special to our family because he was born on the day we buried Kamber. It won't ever be hard to remember how old he is and he was even named after her. Spencer is still in Florida practicing with the Buccaneers and enjoying the swamp down there, but everyday he doesn't have an injury is an answer to our prayers. Life is short and as we continue to have breakthroughs and breakdowns in our lives, that is what it is being a human on this planet.

1 comment:

Stephanie Abney said...

Another heart-felt post, Teri! Nicely done. :)