Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Gird Up Your Loins"

This week has been crazy but now that I think about it all my weeks seem to be stressful. I thought once the kids went back to school it would be less hectic, but now all our babysitters are in school so Trulie is an only child all day long. On Tuesday Mindi had to go to Jury Duty. A girl that sometimes watches her had a kid that was throwing up, so I ended up getting to spend some "grandma time" with her. I took her out to water the plants and play in the hose and then brought her in while I quickly jumped in the shower and got ready for the day. When I turned around she had put Carmex all over her face and lips. She gave herself a facial with it. I cleaned her up and as I was putting on my makeup I saw her with my duster and water running down it. She had decided to clean the toilet with my duster. I was so proud of myself, I didn't even cuss, I just got the real toilet bowl cleaner and let her go to town on it. I found a container of creams that Mindi didn't want, so I put them on the floor for her to play with and within seconds she had the lids off and was squirting them all over her legs. By this time I was getting frustrated so I started calling her mother to see how much longer she would be. By then Trulie was asking for some chocolate milk and her blanket so I went in and rocked her and before I knew it she was asleep, snoring. Mindi called and said she was almost home and boy was I happy to see her pull in. That is why mothers need to be young, 60 is too old to be taking care of a two year old. I know there are some grandmas who have to take care of their grandchildren because of situations beyond their control and my hat goes off to them. They are special people. I have had anxiety all week about going to the Landmark Forum this weekend. Mindi and I will be going to North Scottsdale for a three day seminar starting in the morning. We have tried really hard to prepare the husbands, kids and animals so we can be gone. I haven't been sleeping good and having a hard time even eating I'm so nervous. This is something that I hope will help me move forward with my life. To let me give up the past and move into the future and be a better me. I don't know if I will be able to sit for thirteen hours for three days, but I'm going to try and get through it. When Kamber passed away it was the hardest trial I have ever endured. Every time we had to do something hard I would say to myself "gird up your loins, fresh courage take," from the song "Come, Come Ye Saints. So tomorrow after I get ready and feed my animals, I will be on a trek doing something that is very hard for me, going in to a crowd of people that I don't know and opening up, sharing my thoughts and feelings. I have hope and faith I can make it through this experience. Say a prayer for me.

No comments: