Friday, February 1, 2013

"Grandmas Against Guns?"




It's been a week since the Boston Larsens went home. Time is moving faster and faster the older I get. Yesterday I went shopping with my sister. We have both been on a diet for over a year now. Last week at our appointments, she stayed the same and I lost two pounds of the ten I had gained back last summer. I seem to do better in the cooler months because my mood is a little bit brighter. Anyway, Mell needs some smaller clothes and I love to shop, so I went with her. On the way home I realized I hadn't found one thing to spend Rich's money on and I knew he would be so proud of me. Besides, how many sweaters does an Arizona girl need anyway? I have been so sad about all the shootings around the country. I asked Rich last night how someone can get so out of control that they would use a gun to take someones life. After the school shootings in Connecticut I told him I wanted to start a "Grandmas against Guns" club. After listening to me for a minute he said, "what are you going to call it GAG?" He thinks he's pretty funny and sometimes he is, but this gun thing is getting scary.This morning as I was pondering about all this violence I thought of when I was in school. I would have never thought someone would bring a weapon to school and hurt me. The really bad kids would sneak around and smoke and maybe "make out." I look at my grandchildren and worry about the world they live in. I'm smart enough to know that it isn't the guns that are the problem, but it must be the lack of teaching morals in our families and schools. I know we have to walk in faith every day and hope that we will be inspired to do what is right and that we will be protected. Being fearful doesn't really help I've been there my whole life. I guess we can just live day to day praying for the angels to watch over our little ones and teach kindness when we can.

No comments: