Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Is It True Or Real?


I have had a busy week with life in general. I'm trying to get motivated to keep up with everything after having the shower two weeks ago. I tend to go on vacation for a time after a stressful event but think I'm coming back. We had a fun day with Mindi on Tuesday. She and Dave have really close birthdays on the 17 and 19th. A friend of hers offered to take care of Trulie the Tornado, so we spent a fun day going to lunch and shopping. All my kids are special to me but Mindi has been my saving grace. When I first got really sick she was around the age to start driving. She wanted to learn and I needed some help. I started having panic attacks and severe dizziness when I was driving, so she became my chauffeur. Now I see that I should have fought off those symptoms more so that I didn't become another stress for her. She is a great mother and a wonderful daughter. I know some of her friends have said, "I could never live with my mother." It isn't an ideal thing, but somehow we make it work. She not only takes care of her husband, house and kids, but she has a mother that depends on her too. My Dad always calls her his hero because of her unselfishness. I can't believe she turned thirty-six, how can my children be getting so old? The third chapter of my little book I'm reading asks the question, "Is it true or real? Whatever we believe becomes true for us." It is so hard to try and change your thoughts. I know I have beaten myself up a lot about all my faults, so I'm trying really hard to practice that self-love she talked about in the first chapter. Dang it's hard. "Truth is the unchangeable part of me."

No comments: