Monday, February 11, 2013

Shower and Kamber's Birthday

I knew it was going to be a bad Monday when I asked Mindi to help me delete some pictures off my camera so I don't keep downloading the same pictures on to the computer. She misunderstood me and deleted all the pictures I took this weekend of the shower and the family at the cemetery. Why does life seem so hard right now? The shower was wonderful and she got such a good turnout. I spent most of the time in the kitchen keeping up with the food and visiting with those I knew, so I didn't really see what she got. All I know is that her car was so full there was barely anywhere for her to sit. Yesterday was Kamber's 7th birthday. I knew it was going to be an emotional day for me and I thought I was prepared, but I guess these are trials we just can't really prepare for. After church we all met at the cemetery and cleaned off her headstone and decorated her grave. Then everyone came over for dinner and cake and ice cream. I can't believe it has already been almost five years since she went back to heaven, how can that be? As I was talking to my Mom on the phone and telling her our plans for her birthday my Mom said, "Kamber was such a darling. She didn't need to stay that long and she's up with Grandma Fern celebrating, I'm sure." When I was lying awake last night I was wondering if that is true. Is Kamber with Grandma? Is she aware of how much we miss her and hope to see her again? Yesterday we all wore purple to church in honor of Kamber. Mindi and I were in Sharing Time in Primary with the kids. As they were singing the songs I was trying to picture Kamber in there singing. The girl that leads the children told them if they would listen to the words they would know that what they were singing was true. I know I felt it so I hope they did too. Anyway, I'm trying to find someone who has some pictures of the shower so I can put them here on my blog, but take my word for it, it was beautiful and I'm so glad it's over.

No comments: