Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Big Thaw


We are slowly thawing out here in the desert, man has it been cold. There was still ice on the water last night when we went out to feed the chickens. It will be nice to be in the 70's for the next week. I have been trying to juice all the fruit Rich had us pick before the freeze but after spending around five hours my hands are raw and I don't have anywhere to put the juice. So we have buckets of citrus in our garage waiting for someone to do something with it. I hope all our trees and flowers survive, they say this is the coldest we have been since 1988. Spencer has been here trying to work on my hip. He and Dave are training to do MAT. I have no idea what that is but it has something to do with muscles and nerves. Since my hip surgery, I haven't had any strength in my muscles, so he's trying to help me with that. It was Trace's 12th birthday yesterday. He is the oldest of my nine grandsons. Mindi decided at the last minute to have a little pizza, birthday cake party with the family and she took pictures of all the boys while we were singing happy birthday to him. The only one missing was Max. Life continues to be busy with all the kids and grand kids. This weekend Tristyn has a volleyball tournament and Trace will be ordained a deacon. My grand kids are growing up and will soon be at college and on missions. Plus I will turn 60 in four months. Wow!

No comments: