Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Could This Be Global Warming?

I can't believe how fast the weeks are going by. I spent last weekend at a football game with the boys and a volleyball tournament at ASU with Tristyn. It has been fun having Spencer, Annie and their four kids here too. Last week it was freezing cold and this week we are breaking records with it in the 80's, a forty degree difference in temperatures. It must be Global Warming. Ha! I spent all morning trying to put a dent in juicing the citrus we picked before the freeze. I need to find a way to freeze it to have this summer when the citrus is gone. Last night I was up from 1:30 to 4:00 a.m., I couldn't relax and let my mind go to sleep. I was thinking about all my children and how each one is so different. I watch them and see how they relate to their spouses and children, they are all so great, but so different. I find myself pondering a lot about my life. I think it's because I will be turning 60 this year, and that has always seemed so old. When my parents turned sixty I thought they were ancient, and now they are both turning 84 this year. I wonder how my life would have been different if I had not gotten married and had children. I never did have a career or work doing something I loved outside my home. Being a "stay at home Mom" with all the stress that causes, has taken a toll on my burned out brain. Sometimes I wonder what I truly believe. My testimony of the Savior is strong, but since Kamber passed away, I have had a shift in my thinking. It doesn't take too many of those "kicks to the head" before you start to wonder what the real purpose of life is. I am thankful for my parents who I know did their very best in trying to teach us the gospel. As I watch my Dad suffer with the effects of cancer and chemotherapy, he is so strong. He is truly an example of enduring to the end. My sister and I are sure hoping the end doesn't come before Len and Julie get home from their mission in six months. On Sunday they showed a clip of President Monson speaking at conference. As he was talking I could feel the spirit as he told us that our Heavenly Father is aware of each one of us and our trials. He hears and answers prayers and knows what we need in our lives. This I know to be true and have hope I will be inspired to make the right choices as I move on to old age.

No comments: