Friday, May 20, 2011

What The Heck!

Yesterday was a busy and stressful day for me. I had decided to make tamales and that took all morning to mix the masa, roll them and get them cooked. Thank heavens Mindi came down to help. I got a call from Spencer wanting to take me to lunch for my birthday. That would have been fun but I was up to my eyeballs in tamales. He ended up just picking me up a burger and we had a nice little visit before he loaded up his dog Trixie and headed back to Colorado. In the mean time, Candi called asking if we could watch her boys while they went to sign on their new home, it has taken 18 months to finalize this deal. Mindi needed to run to the store to get some supplies for Dave and Trace as they were leaving for the Grand Canyon at ten o'clock last night arriving home tonight. It was also Rich's birthday but he spent it at the Temple and working, so that was just fine with us. During the day yesterday I got a little wave of nausea moving through but just thought it was the stress I was under. This morning when I woke up at 4:45 a.m. I was so sick. I had the "GREAT GAMBOO" and have been in bed all day except for getting up to the bathroom or to get a drink. What the heck is wrong with me that I keep getting all these weird flu symptoms? As I was lying in bed this morning not able to eat, Ethan called asking if I could go to their house and watch the kids because Jenn, who is a few months pregnant was bleeding and needed to go to the doctor. I was glad when they found someone else and even more relieved when he called to tell me the baby is okay and she needs to just take it easy for a couple of days. I don't know how people do it that have more than four kids and almost sixteen grand kids, it seems like there is always some one who needs help. I finally decided that I should get up and walk around the house hopefully to prevent bed sores and get my mind off of my symptoms. Hopefully I will feel way better tomorrow, we have a big weekend with Stake Conference and my birthday extravaganza, ha, ha! I hate getting old.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are superwoman.... love you