Monday, May 23, 2011

Birthday, Conference and Tender Mercies

Thanks to everyone who called and thought of me on my birthday, it was actually really nice to have a Sunday birthday. I'm always glad when the calender flips to the 23rd. We had the family all over for dinner and that's always a ton of fun, very LOUD, but the grand kids love it. I have spent two hours cleaning up my kitchen, that's okay I'm just thankful I feel well enough to work in my house. Jenn is doing better but Mindi just went to the doctor and is having pre-term labor. She needs to stay down and stop lifting or doing anything strenuous, she needs at least six or seven more weeks to have a healthy baby. We had Stake Conference this weekend and the messages were good. They talked lots about service, temple work, and adversity, all things I need to work on. I felt the spirit and know what I felt was inspiration to change things in my life.


I hope to have some time this week to work on my quilts. I have always wondered why I enjoy working on these little labors of love. Well my Dad recently went up to the White Mountains and brought back a quilt that my grandmother made, he brought it over to me yesterday. I guess she won some blue ribbons for the work she had done on it. It also survived a fire that destroyed their house, there are a few dark spots from the smoke that got into the chest it was kept in but otherwise it lookss really good. My Dad wanted me to have it and as I was looking at it I could see all the tiny hand sewn stitches of my Grandmother. I don't think she used a sewing machine it looks all hand stitched. I also couldn't stop thinking the odds of it being purple and white, Kamber's favorite colors. Maybe this is one of those tender mercies we talk about all the time, if it is, thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved conference. Where were you guys sitting....wait dumb question.... I just didnt see you. I wish I knew how to quilt