Friday, May 13, 2011

It Could Be Worse!

I had a good day yesterday. Spencer, Annie and the kids made it home from Colorado and came over to visit. We decided to brave the cold water in the pool and he helped me exercise my hip. I got the lecture about how my hip won't get better unless I put in the work rehabbing it, yada yada. Anyway, after they left Mindi got a call that Dave's truck was broken down and he needed a ride while they towed it to the garage for repairs. When Rich got home we worked on the pool pump that isn't working right. After taking it apart we found six small rocks and some leaves that were plugging it up. It still needs some more work but we were tired. Then last night as I was getting in to bed I stepped in something cold and wet. I threw a towel on the floor and would deal with it this morning. When I got up I saw that in my bathroom there was a bubble on the drywall and the carpet soaked. Obviously we have a leak in a pipe in the wall. Are you kidding me, again? When I showed Rich he cut all the drywall back, pulled up the carpet and put a fan blowing under it. What else can possibly go wrong today? We are staying home all day, which is a good thing because funds are slim right now. It's really hard to not get discouraged when everything seems to be either broken or worn out. I have learned from experience that my life goes through cycles of good and bad, happy and sad, rich and poor, actually I've never been rich so I wouldn't know what that feels like. As I was complaining about all my problems my Mom has her usual, "things will all work out," encouragement. Even if they don't work out the way I want, what can I do about it? Then Rich's secretary said, "I guess it could be worse," yeh, I'm sure it could and probably will. At least it's Friday and the end to another wonderful week.

No comments: