Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Survived Mother's Day!

On our way to church.

I spent all day Monday in bed with something. I don't know if it was a virus or just the overdose of chocolate from Mother's Day, but I was sure sick. All it takes is one day in bed to make me appreciate the days I actually get up and accomplish something. I didn't even get the dishes done left over from Sunday until this morning, so I'm glad to be feeling better. I had a good day on Sunday, it's always nice when your children make an effort to make you feel loved. Candi took me out to lunch on Saturday and did my hair. She is a doll. I heard from Spencer and he will be traveling home tomorrow. Mindi and Ethan both gave me nice gifts, I love them all. We had some family and friends over for dinner and when we were getting all the food out I remembered I had forgotten to take out rolls to rise and cook. Mindi forgot too, she's pregnant but I have NO excuses except old age. After dinner the extended family came to see my Mom. It gets kind of chaotic but the kids have lots of fun together. I only had a few times during the day that were sad and the tears flowed. The young men and their leaders sang in church, it was touching. As I was listening to the Music and the Spoken Word he said this is a "Tribute to Mothers" I felt the tears start to flow. What about all those mothers who have lost children? I lost a pregnancy, that was hard, but my thoughts turned to those mothers whose children have gone back to Heaven and those women who so desperately want to be mothers but for some reason will never on this earth give birth or have the opportunity to be a mother. I do know that our Heavenly Father knows us and loves each of us. I believe that if we live the commandments we will be blessed with all the righteous desires of our hearts. While all the family were here I decided to take pictures of all the girls, from my 81 year old Mother to the smallest little niece. These are the next generation of mothers in our family. Each one of them are so special to me.

All of the mothers and older future mothers

These are the younger future mothers.

No comments: