Friday, May 6, 2011

Preparing for Mother's Day



I am making the final preparations to have the family over for my MOST favorite day of the year, Mother's Day. I'm trying really hard to have a good attitude and get through this weekend without sinking into the abyss. My house is clean, the lawn mowed and Mindi and I will soon be walking through the grocery store getting what we need to entertain on Sunday. Our group won't be that big, thank heavens. With Len and Julie gone and some of the other family members estranged, it will just be my parents, my kids and grand kids, my sister and her husband and Jenn's Mom and sister for dinner. Remember the days when the husbands tried to fix dinner for us? In the Greer/Larsen family that didn't work so well, so us girls plan what the heck we want to eat and do it the way we want it done. I hope the guys don't mind, ha ha! After dinner the rest of the cousins will come to see Mom and have dessert. We are so thankful to have her and my Dad with us. My sister and I went shopping for her last week and as we walked through Bed Bath and Beyond we were laughing at how our Mother probably wouldn't use our gifts, she likes the old school way of doing things, but it's the thought that counts. We went to Dillard's and bought her a purple and white blouse, we even paid full price, something I never do. I just felt it would be wrong to get something on clearance for this special person. I talked to Spencer this morning, they will be coming next week but leaving before my birthday. I'm not holding my breath because he's told me several times he was coming but his plans can quickly change. My thoughts this week have been on all the special women in my life who I admire. All of them have gone through some terrible adversities but kept on plugging away living the gospel and keeping the commandments. I hope to be worthy to see them on the other side, hopefully Kamber will be with them, I know they love her too.

1 comment:

Alishia said...

My mom and I were laughing today about your shopping trip. She told me the same thing you did, that Grandma probably wouldn't use the new things you guys bought. She's definitely set in her ways. But a remarkable woman all the same!

Thank you for always hosting all of us! I love you!! Happy Mother's Day!