Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving



What a wonderful day we had. It started out watching Jen, Candi, Mindi, Tristyn, and many other friends running the Turkey Trot. It seemed weird to actually be out and about on Thanksgiving morning. We usually have everyone over for Thanksgiving dinner, so I'm always really stressed out. This year was the year of the in-laws so all of the other children and my siblings were with their spouses families. We had a really small gathering. We had my Mom and Dad, my mother's only brother Uncle Carl and his wife Sue, and Mindi and Dave and their 4 kids. We missed them all, but we knew they were having a good time with the other family. Spencer called in the evening and they had a few of the rookie players and their wives over for dinner. We have had a hard last couple of months but hopefully we are going to be able to "Press Forward In Faith." It is starting to sink in that Kamber will not be with us physically, but I think that as a family we can always feel her spirit around cheering us on. We are on to our next holiday, Christmas. It will be here before we know it, and then on to 2009.

2 comments:

larsen family said...

It was so fun to see you guys on the side cheering me on. I am so grateful to have you as in laws. I hope you know how much I love you and am thankful for all your support, especially the past couple of months. Thanksgiving this year is a great memory that we will have forever. Thanks for making it so special :)

The McNeil Family said...

Yeah i was surprised to see everyone there cheering us on.. Thanks for being there. We will never forget this day. You guys are such a great family.